Friday, August 8, 2014

My Hosta Fantasy

l cut off most of the hosta flowers along the front garden this year.  With the mass showing, the weakness in their colour and uprightness is glaring.  By weakness in colour, I mean the light lavender colour.  It seems to take away from the green shades that contrast and complement each other.  In addition to that I have intense orange begonias and coleus to complement the colour of the front door and the yellow bricks.  As white would do wonderfully, perhaps I'll concentrate on some more Royal Standard Hostas for a nice end of season show.  And they have a beautiful fragrance, too.

So today, I worked a little in photoshop and turned the hosta in the foreground of this beautiful rural garden in Grimsby to a more pleasing shade.  I would like to try out a Crocosmia orange, but didn't manage to get photoshop to get to that colour.  If anyone knows the technique, I would appreciate a comment or a link.

Here's that lovely winding path with the pergola destination.




No comments:

Post a Comment