Tuesday, September 16, 2014

How a Picture Influences the Garden Design

Now that I photograph gardens a lot, I realize how much of an interplay there is between the photographic image of the garden and the garden design itself.  Great garden designs usually result in great pictures, and pictures can help lead to great garden design.

I took tho picture of the new water feature in my garden at 3 Sunnylea Cres in Grimsby.  The summer garden encircles the fountain in the lower portion of the picture, making a nice frame for the feature.  I noticed though, that the stone edging in the far background ended part way through the image, leaving my eye wondering where to go next.

I've corrected the line in the picture, and next will get out to the garden to correct the design so that the actual experience is as pleasant as the still one.

Here is the before and after.



No comments:

Post a Comment