Sunday, January 25, 2015

Force a Smile

Tulip Time - Force A Smile

I hope today's tulip pictures give you a little cheer and a smile in the Winter. I expect they are forced into bloom in greenhouses rather than grown in fields. It would seem more efficient. But are the greenhouses here in Niagara or are they in Holland?

I realized that I know where the vegetables are grown, but I don't know where all the flowers are grown.  Alstromeria, Gerberas and Orchids are grown here in Niagara.

These tulips were in a bouquet I received last week. Is it possible that my complete bouquet (tulips, chrysanthemums, alstromeria and ferns) has come from a source such as Westbrook? Westbrook is a familiar name in Niagara with over 1.5 million square feet of greenhouse space in Grimsby (and Dorval, Quebec).

I guess it is time to check out our floral trade in Niagara.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment