Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Niagara's Purple Stuff

I worked at the Welch's Grape Juice factory for two summers.  When grape juice was being bottled, the factory smell was a combination of grapes and hydraulic machinery, and that's what I found yesterday at Foreign Affair Winery.  They were processing cabernet sauvignon outside, and were kind enough to let me take some pictures.  What a lot of purple stuff in those big bins.  I bet those big bins are worth a lot of money.

I don't know what was happening in the process of grapes going from one bin to another.  And the workers were busy working. The internet information is about wineries and not grape processing.  I expect that might be too mundane for most people.  I'll have to go and ask about the grape to wine processes. 

So it is American Thanksgiving today.  As with last year, it can be celebrated with orange Poinsettias - a new hybrid to take advantage of the Thanksgiving's proximity to Christmas which has the poinsettia flower as its floral tradition.  For those of us who prefer variation from the red and white, there's a beautiful hot pink hybrid this year. We saw it at the Poinsettia Trials two years ago and are pleased to see it in production.

An American Thanksgiving joke:

John: What did the turkey say to the computer?
Will: What?
John: “Google, google, google.”

No comments:

Post a Comment