Friday, August 12, 2016

Find Local Flowers

The Bakker's rose fields are still a sea of colours and scent, and these plants will likely be harvested in the fall for processing as dry root plants, and then will get to garden centres and nurseries for potting up in the early spring.  I wonder if they ship all over North America or if they are more locally based.

The roses that are purchased at florists are typically from South America.  The Pick Ontario site has products grown in Ontario by season. Tea Roses are listed on their website, but how do I the consumer make sure I am buying local flowers? Pick Ontario says I should go in and ask for Ontario grown product.  So I guess that's my task today - to find out what Cole's has that is Ontario grown now in August. 

No comments:

Post a Comment