Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Cats at Work

There were a few cats out and about at Longwood.  All the cats at Longwood have names, and the docents assured me that they are well cared for.

This one was mousing amongst the ferns.  Look at the tail - its position tells the story.  She was very friendly, even though she thought she shouldn't be disturbed from her work.  This would be important work - orchids are edible. I've had a few flowers disappear in my own greenhouse.  I was sure a while ago that there was a lady slipper in bud, and the next time I looked there was a stump of a stem.  Maybe Baxter should work harder in the greenhouse.

I found a blog that covers the Longwood cats completely.    My pictures today show Persimmon. Take a browse through chatsworthlady's Longwood story of cats HERE 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment